Braeden had the hiccups for the first time last Wednesday. It was so much fun! We were on the way back from a family emergency in SLC at 1:00 in the morning. It wasn't as much fun as I wanted it to be because I was so tired. I just wanted to go to sleep. My little sisters and my mom were here on Wednesday night and Thursday. Ben spent the day with my little sisters Amanda, Danielle, and Kellie. They went to the animal museum on the BYU campus, and went for a hike up to a waterfall, and just had a fun day. I will put some pictures up. That night I was exhausted from that late night before. On Friday it was the big work party. I planned a party for 300 people. That is the fastest way to get a pregnant woman ornery, tired, and wanting to quit her job. It was so hot and some people were so rude and ungrateful. It made the party not so fun. It still turned out nice and it looked like people enjoyed themselves. That night I was exhausted and my tailbone hurt so badly. It was awful.
Ben and I went to an outdoor movie at BYU on Friday night. We went with some friends, and saw Horton Hears a Who. It was such a cute movie with some adult humor, but catoonish enough for little children. Saturday I just slept until 9, and then got up and totally cleaned out the baby room. I put the changing table together, and then Ben went to work. While he was gone I went grocery shopping and watched a Lifetime movie, and relaxed. It was so nice not to have to do anything. Sunday Ben and I had to teach Sunday School again, and my sister-in-law's family came to see us. They are on their way to New York for school. That seems so far away, but I guess you do what you have to do. I am grateful I am not moving to New York and only to Denver.
Today I went online to look for some baby clothes. Our child doesn't have that many clothes and I figured that I better get on top of that. I got a coupon for Baby Mall Online and they are so cheap. I bought fifty dollars worth of stuff. Cute stuff at that. I am getting more and more excited each day. I cannot wait to have a baby in my arms to love him and kiss his little cheeks. I have a lot to learn before that day gets here, and a lot more to prepare for. I need to read some books and make sure I know exactly what is going to happen when I start into labor, and I have some other things that I would like to do before my son comes. Ben is getting more excited too...I think! He will be excited when things actually start to happen. Like when my water breaks or something like that.
I was thinking yesterday about how weird it is to be a mom...or almost a mom. I cannot believe that I am actually creating a child and helping it grow. It is just all a miracle that I can't believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment