Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Last Ben and I carved pumpkins for Family Home Evening. It was so much fun! We had some hot chocolate and laughed together. We have a pumpkin for the baby, but we didn't get around to it. I will have to do that today. I am sure that you can tell who did which pumpkin. It is quite funny :)

This is my pumpkin. His one eye kind of has an issue.

Here is Ben working so hard on his masterpiece.


These are the final finished pieces. Aren't they so beautiful? We put little tea light candles in them and sat them outside our apartment.

This is our cute little light cover for the porch. We are the only festive ones at our complex.

This is the view from below the complex. What a fun little apartment. We are going to miss it.

It looks like Ben and I will be moving December 29th. We are sad, but so antsy to move on. This being stuck in limbo thing is not fun. Ben and I are going to spend Christmas with my family and then come back to have his parents help us move to good ol' Denver. At least there are Wal-marts there. I had to look them up online because you could never find them while in Denver. We just need to find an apartment and we are good to go.

2 comments:

Adam and Dev said...

I'm glad your dad's art is getting some more recognition- he is so talented. Cute pumpkins- looks fun!

edith said...

pumpkin carving looks great! dan would not want to do that with us b/c "it costs money", so the only thing i can do with pumpkins is pumpkin pie- which is soo good. i love your dads artwork, even though i have only seen two drawing- but they were great.