Well we got up really early the 29th of December. I had a lot to do that morning so I didn't get to be there when people came to help us move, but I would like to thank all of those who did because it was such a big help. You are all greatly appreciated. I went to the doctor that morning to get my IUD placed. It was not the greatest experience, but so worth it. Then I had to go get Braeden's birth certificate. When I got back to the apartment it was all cleaned and bare. We left and started up Provo Canyon. It was such a beautiful day and Braeden slept the whole drive. Al 10 hours of it. He woke up to eat a few times, but other than that, he was out. Ben's parents were there to pull the UHAUL trailer and we were so grateful for that. We fit everything into the trailer by a hair. We have a lot of stuff with a baby so we were a little worried about fitting everything, but it worked. Ben is scared of pulling trailers. We are so grateful for them and all of their help. While we were driving, Ben drifted a little toward a truck drivers lane. After he got a little bit ahead of us, he swerved into our lane. A few seconds later, he did it again. We honked at him, but he did it one last time and just went into our lane when we were only halfway past us. We had to slam on our brakes or we would have died. Then we called the cops. It was so scary. We stopped along the way to eat some lunch at a Golden Corral. I started to eat and I started to choke. I tried to get it down with water and that didn't work. Ben had to give me that Heimlich maneuver to get it out. A little came out, but I still felt some in there. By that point I was really embarrassed, so I went to the bathroom. That was probably not the best thing to do. I went into the bathroom to try to get it out, but it wouldn't come. An hour later Ben came into the Women's bathroom, and gave me a blessing. I was so scared that I was going to stop breathing. We finally just had to get on our way. As we were driving I would cough and dry heave into a bag, but nothing came out. Finally after some hard work, prayers, an hour and a half, and a drink of Diet Dr. Pepper...it went down. I was so relieved and my throat was so swollen. It hurt for a few days. When we got into Wyoming, the wind was the strongest wind all of us have ever felt. It was absolutely crazy. Good thing Ben was driving. As we were almost an hour away from Denver we saw a lot of lights from cops and ambulances and fire trucks. We looked over into this field and there was a Bronco on it's top and on fire. It looked like there was someone inside. We were glad that we had been safe the whole way. We made it to our apartment about 10 that night and started to unpack. We have a beautiful apartment. I will have to post pictures later. We went to sleep about 1 that night and Ben's parents left for Missouri early that next morning. We have been unpacking and getting to know the place ever since then.
Ben starts school on Monday and then it is me and Braed. We finally got TV and internet on Wednesday. It is so nice to be back into the world. We love it and I am so glad to have parts of the world again. We really like our apartment and our ward.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment