Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh How Fast Life Changes and Family

This week I found out that my family is having a reunion for my great grandma and grandpa Torgersen. They have a website and I found that a lot of my family have blogs. So I looked at them and they all have kids now and they are all grown up. I am sure that they will all be surprised at my blog as well to see that I am married and have a baby. Time flies so fast and life changes a lot. That is why we need to enjoy the time that we have with each other. I feel so blessed because I knew all of my great grandparents and I know my second and third cousins really well. I know great aunts and uncles and I am really close with them. In this life and the next all we have is family. So we need to enjoy the time we have and not take it for granted. Being away from my family makes me realize just how lucky I am when I am with them, and to have a great husband and son. I love them, and wouldn't want my life any other way.

11 comments:

Alecia said...

you are so sweet and positive. I really need to learn to be more like you! :) Tell Sevier County Hi for me!!

Megan Guymon said...

Hey...you were right! I knew you were married but missed the part of the little guy! Congrats...it is fun being a mom even with its challenges. Hope to see you at the reunion and catch up more. For now I will check your blog often!

The Lewy's said...

Cute family! My mom and I ran into your sister in Kmart! I didn't recognize her until my mom said hi. What fun it looks like your family has!

Lindy said...

Stephanie,
I am so glad you commented on my blog. It is so good to hear from you and see your beautiful little family. I seriously cannot believe that you have grown up so much! Married with a baby! Do you just eat his cheeks everyday? I love how our family changes and seeing you again makes me remember all the fun times at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Koosharem. I am so happy for you and all the wonderfully amazing things that you are doing right now in your life. You look so happy! We hope to see you at the reunion. It will be so much fun to catch up and meet your new family. We love you! Love, Lindy

Cole and Kimala said...

Oh my how things change. It was just yesterday when we had FHE and we would all get together. Do you remember that. You were just a little girl. That was probably before half of your family was even born.
Looks like you've got the hang of this mothering bit. Isn't it fun. I still can't believe that you have a baby. I am old!!!
I will keep checking in on your life, so keep posting!!

The Knight's said...

Hi cute girl! I love that we are re-connecting with all our cousins! Your baby is precious! Boys are a handful...but worth every minute! Hope to see you in July! Oh..and where can we see your dad's art?

Whit said...

Aw, Steph, your such a better blogger than I am! I hadn't checked any blogs for a good week and I didn't even know you got to visit your family! You're probably home by now! But, I'm so glad you got to go see your family, I'm sure you so happy! How did lil Braeden do on the plane? I'm sure fantastically! Anyway, I sure miss ya!

Brianne Jensen said...

Oh my goodness... what a cute little man you have! You're right, we are lucky to have such a great extended family. I can't wait to see everybody at the reunion, hope you'll be able to make it home :) Thanks for letting us in on your blog, such a great way to keep track of everyone. You look great! XOXO

Ben said...

I can't wait to see you at the reunion!

Peay Family said...

Um, you're not related to Chet and Coquette Torgerson are you?

Peay Family said...

That is awesome. Those guys rock!! Coquette is my cousin.