Our St. Patrick's Day was a different story though. I woke up and realized that I needed to get my Driver's License renewed before March 26 on my birthday. So Braeden and I got up and got ready. We went to the DMV and ended up waiting 2 hours only to find out that I couldn't my license one week early because I was not 21 yet. So I waited two hours for absolutely nothing. If you need to get anything done with the Colorado government, plan on wasting your entire day and then get turned down. This happened with Medicaid as well. Oh I was so upset. Then at 4 pm I had to take Braeden for his 4 month old shots. Last time he was down and out for about a week so I was not looking forward to this day at all. Ben got all of his school work done and was able and willing to come with me. We waited about 20 minutes and got called back to the room. Braeden knew what was happening and started to cry. He was really upset. I told the nurse just to go for it because he was not going to stop crying. It was really sad. Right after his shots he got this traumatized look on his face. It was the saddest thing that I have ever seen. He was shaking and trying to catch his breath. Sad little guy...Thanks heavens for Tylenol.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
St. Patrick's Day
I love St. Patrick's Day. My mom and especially my dad made this day special. My dad went to Ireland on his mission so he knows all about Ireland and the Irish ways. Well when I was little and living at home, I remember my dad waking us up saying, “Top of the Morning to ya,” of course in his Irish accent. It was so much fun. Then when we got home from school we would have green shepherd's pie. This was such a fun tradition that I hope to carry on to my family.
Our St. Patrick's Day was a different story though. I woke up and realized that I needed to get my Driver's License renewed before March 26 on my birthday. So Braeden and I got up and got ready. We went to the DMV and ended up waiting 2 hours only to find out that I couldn't my license one week early because I was not 21 yet. So I waited two hours for absolutely nothing. If you need to get anything done with the Colorado government, plan on wasting your entire day and then get turned down. This happened with Medicaid as well. Oh I was so upset. Then at 4 pm I had to take Braeden for his 4 month old shots. Last time he was down and out for about a week so I was not looking forward to this day at all. Ben got all of his school work done and was able and willing to come with me. We waited about 20 minutes and got called back to the room. Braeden knew what was happening and started to cry. He was really upset. I told the nurse just to go for it because he was not going to stop crying. It was really sad. Right after his shots he got this traumatized look on his face. It was the saddest thing that I have ever seen. He was shaking and trying to catch his breath. Sad little guy...Thanks heavens for Tylenol.




Our St. Patrick's Day was a different story though. I woke up and realized that I needed to get my Driver's License renewed before March 26 on my birthday. So Braeden and I got up and got ready. We went to the DMV and ended up waiting 2 hours only to find out that I couldn't my license one week early because I was not 21 yet. So I waited two hours for absolutely nothing. If you need to get anything done with the Colorado government, plan on wasting your entire day and then get turned down. This happened with Medicaid as well. Oh I was so upset. Then at 4 pm I had to take Braeden for his 4 month old shots. Last time he was down and out for about a week so I was not looking forward to this day at all. Ben got all of his school work done and was able and willing to come with me. We waited about 20 minutes and got called back to the room. Braeden knew what was happening and started to cry. He was really upset. I told the nurse just to go for it because he was not going to stop crying. It was really sad. Right after his shots he got this traumatized look on his face. It was the saddest thing that I have ever seen. He was shaking and trying to catch his breath. Sad little guy...Thanks heavens for Tylenol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment