Friday, August 7, 2009

Picnic by the Lake

Yesterday Ben and I wanted to get out of the city for a while so we drove into the mountains. Here it takes about an hour to get to the mountains. It is really sad, but we wanted to go anyways. We took up some chicken and pork chops with corn on the cob, baked potatoes and peanut butter rice krispie treats. We got up there and walked a little ways down this trail to picnic tables by the lake. There was no one else there, and the water was so clear and pretty. Braeden would not have sitting in his stroller so we dared put him down. Well we had a blanket, but with a 9 month old that wants to crawl all the time...that didn't work. So he was down in the filthy dirt, with the ants and the bugs and sickness. I guess this is what boys do best. I just hate being dirty and so I didnt want Braeden to get dirty, but that was impossible. So he played with the rocks and dirt...he was gross. We ate and then we shot Ben's paintball gun. It was so much fun!





4 comments:

Adam and Dev said...

Hey Steph...fun picnic! And I just read about you going back to school. Good for you Steph! That will be great...good luck. Oh the memories that will come up when you get there :)

Good times we had, good times!

Josh and Maddi Andersen said...

It looks like you guys are doing great! I'm so jealous you get to go back to Snow! I miss it so much. But good for you going back to school! When do you move?

Kristi Rowley said...

It looks really pretty out there! Picnics are the best!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could have been there love u jae!!