Monday, June 14, 2010
5K
I have been changing my lifestyle for about a month now and I workout everyday. I feel so much better, I look leaner, and I have more energy. I don't wake up so tired, and I have not had a headache since I started this change. That is BIG for me. I got one headache a week it seemed like. Now I have not had one in a month even with all the stress of being alone and doing a semester of school work in like a month and a half. It has been crazy. Anyways, enough with that...I have a goal to do a 5K when we move to Idaho. I know that may not be a big deal to some of you, but that is a HUGE deal for me because I don't really like running. I just want to say that I have done a 5K and maybe do it more in the future. It just sounds really fun. I am going to run with my two boys. It is going to be a blast. Ben is a big runner, so he may leave me in the dust...but I am going to do it anyways. I just feel like I need to do it. It is a worthwhile goal and that may help all of the stresses of the last 5 months in the ground. It will be like starting fresh and new. We are going to invest in a double jogging stroller so that we can use it in the future when another baby comes along the way. I am ready to do this, now I just need to get out and train a little. I have been doing a lot of training the last month with my exercising, but sometimes it is not the same as a real run! I hope some of you would like to join me in the goal to run a 5K. For those of you who don't know...it is ONLY 3.1 miles. We can do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can do it!! And I think a 5K is a big deal, cause I've never been much of a runner either. I did my first 5K a month ago, and I just may be hooked!! Keep up the good work!
Good job Steph! I have no doubt you can do it!!! I ran my first 5K last year on the 4th of July. If me, an old lady can do it, you can for sure! Good luck with your goal, and my advice to you . . . once you train for the race, stay in shape . . . I wish I would have done that. I plan to get ready and do it again!!! Hope everything is going well for you and your cute family in Idaho!
Post a Comment