Friday, July 9, 2010

The Move and Pics of Our Apartment

  

    WOW!!  It feels so good to be back to blogging.  Am I that addicted?  I guess that answer is yes!  Ben returned Saturday June 26th and it was such a great reunion.  We went out to eat at Costa Vida, and we just loved being together again.  We went to BYU campus and just talked and enjoyed the HOT weather. Braeden had thrown up 3 times that day so after BYU we drove home because we knew that we had a ton to do to get packed and moved.  When we got back to Glenwood, we went to see my family.  They were so happy to see Ben.  For the next few days after that we packed and Monday we headed out. Monday morning my family came to help us load and get all of the things out of the house to the trailer.  They were such a GREAT and AWESOME help.  I hope that they know that.  The drive to Mountain Home was long because we were pulling our own trailer.  That makes the time go by so slow. Braeden was super good again and I know that Heavenly Father was for sure watching down on us.  When we got to our new apartment I walked in and it was so nice.  I was amazed that we were going to be living there for so cheap.  It was awesome.  That night because it was so late, we just got out our beds and went to sleep.  The next morning we unloaded everything and headed for Boise to a few things.  We had a little moving money that we got to spend on some new things, so it was fun to spend money on a new 32" TV, couch and love seat, sound system, we got a used washer and dryer, as well as a used jogging stroller, and some other things that we needed and wanted.  We love where we live, and it is about 15 minutes away from base.  We have been there a few times to see what it is like and for us to get a few things done.

Ben has been on leave since we got here because he gets house hunting days.  It has been so nice to be with him all the time and go shopping and just relax together.  We have done a few fun things, but mostly we just wanted to be with each other.  Braeden has just clung on to his daddy and loves him so much!  Braeden has already grown so much since we left.  He sleeps in his big boy bed and he walks around the house looking for me saying, "mommy, mommy."  It is hilarious.  Today Ben started his first day of work.  He was not sure what he was going to be doing, but he was happy to start.  I have 2 papers and one final that I have to finish and then I am done with school.  I am so excited to start real adult lives I guess with me actually being a stay at home mom.  No SCHOOL, my husband home, and a REAL job! It will be awesome.  I hope all of you are doing well.  We really didn't celebrate the 4th of July much because somehow all of the fireworks for Mountain Home blew up and we didn't have a fireworks show.  We did get a new grill though and we fired that up and had some hamburgers and watched some movies.  That was our 4th and it was the best.  We are excited to see what this adventure brings.  Ben told me that he is in the deployment slot in a year and he would be gone 6 months.  So that means we will  enjoy the next year and get working on a little brother or sister for Braeden.  :) If any of you are in the Idaho area, are from here, or just want to come and visit for a vacation...please let me know.  I would love to have people over, especially all of the people that I love and care for so much! We miss my family back in Utah. They were such a GREAT help to us while Ben was gone and while I was in school. Little B misses you guys so much and we will see you soon!  We promise.

  

1 comment:

Adam and Dev said...

Hey...so I think a girl from my high school lives where you guys are! Her husband is in the air force. Check out her blog...http://airforcegales.blogspot.com/

who knows, you guys may be in the same ward! If so, tell her hi from me :)