Saturday, May 28, 2011
Oral Surgery
Last September I noticed that Braeden had some tooth decay on his four top baby teeth. We stopped giving him fruit snacks, and treats and started brushing his teeth at least once a day. Two months ago we finally got dental insurance for Braeden, so last week we took him into see a pediatric dentist. The dentist was a nice Mormon guy and he said he would take good care of us. Well the results were a little scary. The dentist takes kids who need work to the hospital to get an oral surgery. They will put Braeden out with anesthesia, and put in a breathing tube...and get all of his work done at once. He will be just fine when he gets out, just a little groggy and really hungry. He cannot eat from the midnight before until he is done with his surgery. I am so scared for this. I don't like to see my boy in any pain or think of him in this situation with doctors and nurses and a breathing tube. BUT I will be so glad to have his teeth taken care of and all of the dentist stuff done. That will be a sigh of relief. I am going to be a wreck the morning he has his surgery. We have to be there for 5 hours from start to finish. Good thing...(blessing) that Ben has that day off and is able to be there right by my side. If he wasn't there I would probably cry the whole time and scared. So pray for my little guy...that everything goes okay and that I will be just fine. I am sure that everything will be fine, because these people do this all the time. I cannot help but worry though...it is the motherly thing I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ugh, I feel for you! Surgery with kids is no fun! Kole had to have surgery when he was 6 months old! It was so scary! Hang in there! We'll pray for a smooth surgery and a quick and easy recovery for your little guy!
Post a Comment