It was a fun weekend getting ready to give Ben his first father's day. I gave him breakfast in bed and printed some of our wedding pictures, and bought him some photo CD's so he can use his photography talent. I thought that would be a fun gift. I think he liked it. On Saturday we got up and went to play tennis with Leo and Whitney a couple in our ward. Of course I can't play so I just sat and tanned. It was so much fun. Then Ben and I went to the Farmer's Market in Provo. It was really disappointing. I really wanted to buy some fruit, but all there was were smokers and a lot of retarded things. No food. Needless to say, it was dumb. So Ben and I decided to go and eat something. We chose the traditional date food for us...Smith's Chinese food. It tasted so good. Then we rented a movie and the movie was the most horrible movie I had ever seen. It still gives me nightmares. It was so stupid. Later that evening Ben was laying by me and I told him to feel the baby and he felt it kick so hard. He was so happy and I think that it made him more excited to have a baby. Now he tried all the time to feel it. It is fun. One thing I know for sure is that my baby is a kicker or in karate or something. It sure like to give me the hard ones, and at times when I least expect it. I find out of Friday what the baby is, and then Ben and I are heading to Denver. Ben wanted to sleep in a tent on the cold hard ground of Colorado. I looked at him and he knew that was a dumb idea.
I just talked to my family who were in Yellowstone this past week. They saw a mountain side of buffalo. I wish I would have seen that. I love wildlife. They are in Jackson Hole right now and I told them to go to the National Elk Refuge there. There are more elk there than anywhere else I have ever seen.
It has already been an interesting day at work. Everyone is probably not happy to be here because it is Monday. The weekend went by too fast, and Ben and I put away the camping stuff from the living room yesterday. Sadness...I loved camping in the living room, but it is nice to have a living room back and be sleeping in our bedroom. Except for the fact that it was so blasted hot last night. I had to have a fan on all night because I was already having a horrible hot flash. It was miserable. Last evening we went on a walk to the BYU campus duck pond. I love that little place. We took some old bread and fed the ducks. It was so fuuny. There was so much drama at the duck pond. There were lots of fighting ducks. Ducks swimming really funny, and male ducks trying to go after the new baby ducklings, and my least favorite...the mating ducks. I felt so bad for that duck that got attacked. I guess that is what happens to them though. So it was a fun weekend, and I really don't want to be here today at work. I only have a little over two months. YEAH!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment