Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Great Turkey Adventure

Last night when I got home from work Ben and I made a turkey. It was our first turkey making experience together and we have had this turkey since December. I hoped that it would turn out and taste good. Well we made some stuffing and Ben gutted the turkey. He wanted to eat the gizzard and I told him no way. That is so gross. Then we stuffed the turkey and put it in the oven to cook for a few hours. It was like wating for our baby to grow. Ben was so excited to see how this turkey to turned out. Well at 10 pm the turkey was finally done. We took it out and Ben brought me a piece...of course I was reading Twlight. It was so good. We succeeded in our first turkey.

So I officially have 12 days of work left. I am so excited and I cannot wait to be a stay-at-home mom...even though they don't get a lot of credit for the things that they do. Well Ben is graduating of the 14th of August and we are so excited. This will be a great time in our lives to start something new. It is not going to be easy by any means. Right now we are trying to save a little to have a baby...my car needs to be registered and the AC isn't working and the left front window doesnt work and it all needs to be inspected. Ben's right car window is beginning to be a little tempermental. It struggles. Then we have to get through not having as much money come in because I wont be working. It will make us so much stronger in the end...we cannot give up. That is why my marriage is so great. When one of us is having a hard time, the other one is usually doing okay and stable enough to help out and comfort the other person.

No comments: