Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another Hospital Visit and Bed Rest

Last night at about 5 I started to have contractions again. I just tried to ignore them until I had to go get Ben. On the way home from getting Ben from work, he suggested that I get a blessing. So he went and got a good friend of ours to come over. Ben gave me a great blessing and we decided to see what happened after that. Well about 10 minutes after the blessing, my contractions just kept getting worse. So we decided to go to the hospital again. We got to the hospital at about 11 and had to wait a while to get in. They have 18 rooms and they were all full. Finally we got in and set up in the room once again. A cute little nurse came in to check my cervix and it was still the same as last time. My contractions were regular about every two minutes. So they gave me four doses of one medicine and that made the contractions much much worse. After that the nurse decided to go give the doctor another call and see what she could do now. The doctor told the nurse to give me another set of a different kind of medicine. That had four doses also. She said that it could give me a bad headache and make my heart beat really fast. She tried the first dose and that did nothing, she gave me the second dose and that started to work. They were slowing down. Then the nurse came in to give me another dose but my heart rate was way too high, so they sent me home...on BED REST! Literally I can do nothing. I have to sit and do nothing. I cannot do dishes, vacuum, make food, go to church, or do laundry. This had to happen until the baby comes. At least I know it will be within the next few weeks. My labor process has already started. When we got home at 3:30 in the morning, Ben went straight to bed. I on the other hand could not sleep. The medications that they had given me made me itch and very uncomfortable. So at 4:00 I decided to move to the couch. After a half hour of torture and trying to tune everything out with a little tv, I decided to take a nice bath with the lights out and come candles. This did the trick. I went to sleep at about 5:00 in the morning. It was horrible. Oh, and to top it all off...that headache she so mildly mentioned came full force right as I was trying to go to bed the first time. It was terrible.

Well after all of that, I have done nothing today. Or tried as hard as I can. Ben is being very good about not letting me do anything. I called my visiting teaching companion that I could not go because I cannot leave the house. So for the last few hours I have been sitting all by myself on the porch watching people go by. How fun huh? I am willing to sacrifice though if it means a few more weeks more my son to develop his lungs. He is doing great, he just won't come out when my body is telling him to. Cute little stinker. It will be alright though. Just a lot of visitors and some crappy food. We will make it through.

P.S. How about that BYU game that last two weeks. We love them!

1 comment:

Shawn and Mish said...

Hi, I'm Andrea Morgan's sister.

Having babies is fun. Don't rush your pregnancy. I had my first at 34 weeks, and it is not remotely fun to have a baby stay in the hospital! Or to bring home a 4 lb baby that never sleeps and doesn't have the energy to eat for more than 10 minutes....every hour. Just sit back and try to enjoy doing absolutely nothing because as soon as that child gets here, there will never be a day of nothing again!

Good luck!!!