Ben, Braeden, and I left the Sunday before Christmas to go on vacation. We went to my uncle's house for a Christmas party. We do this every year the Sunday before Christmas. It was really fun and Braeden loved all the attention. That night we drove back to Richfield to stay with my parents. Over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we just hung out and waited for Christmas to come. My grandma Besendorfer came to see her first great grand child and my uncle Moroni, aunt Michelle, and cousin Jacob came with my grandma. It was so good to see all of them before we moved to Denver. We got ready for Santa to come. On Christmas morning Santa did come. It is always fun for me to watch all my little sisters open all their presents. They sure love Christmas. Ben got some garments and I got some garments as well. I opened them early because I had forgotten my bag in Provo. Yep...all of my clothes were in Provo. It was rough not having any clothes. Good thing I got a pair of jeans early for Christmas that my mom had. I just got so involved in packing Ben and Braeden that I didn't double check my stuff. It was so funny. Not I can laugh at it. After my sisters opened all of their presents it was time for Jacob and Braeden to open their Santa presents. It was so fun to watch them. Then my grandma gave us her presents. She made the oldest four girls and my mom a little pillow out of my grandpa Henry's overalls. My grandpa passed on a few years ago, so that meant a lot to all of us. There were a few tears shed that day. Later we went over to my other grandma's and the girls opened their presents. They are so spoiled. It was good to be with family and just relax. Ben wanted to leave Christmas night, but the storm got really bad and I just felt like we shouldn't leave until the next morning. That night all of us played electronic catch phrase. It was so much fun. We played if for hours. The next morning we packed and got ready to leave. This leave was really hard because we would be moving to Denver. When it got time to go my mom took the baby and headed for her room. She was crying. A few minutes later I went into my mom's room and all my sisters and mom and dad were in there crying. So that means I started crying and it was a tender moment. I didn't want to leave them. It was so hard. I have never seen my dad cry that hard. He had to leave the house because it was too hard for him. I was going to miss my family so much. I was okay after a little while and then my mom came out to say goodbye. It was the last straw. It lost it and knew that I wouldn't see my family for a long time. It will be okay because we will grow closer together. I love my family.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Christmas at the Oldroyd's
Ben, Braeden, and I left the Sunday before Christmas to go on vacation. We went to my uncle's house for a Christmas party. We do this every year the Sunday before Christmas. It was really fun and Braeden loved all the attention. That night we drove back to Richfield to stay with my parents. Over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we just hung out and waited for Christmas to come. My grandma Besendorfer came to see her first great grand child and my uncle Moroni, aunt Michelle, and cousin Jacob came with my grandma. It was so good to see all of them before we moved to Denver. We got ready for Santa to come. On Christmas morning Santa did come. It is always fun for me to watch all my little sisters open all their presents. They sure love Christmas. Ben got some garments and I got some garments as well. I opened them early because I had forgotten my bag in Provo. Yep...all of my clothes were in Provo. It was rough not having any clothes. Good thing I got a pair of jeans early for Christmas that my mom had. I just got so involved in packing Ben and Braeden that I didn't double check my stuff. It was so funny. Not I can laugh at it. After my sisters opened all of their presents it was time for Jacob and Braeden to open their Santa presents. It was so fun to watch them. Then my grandma gave us her presents. She made the oldest four girls and my mom a little pillow out of my grandpa Henry's overalls. My grandpa passed on a few years ago, so that meant a lot to all of us. There were a few tears shed that day. Later we went over to my other grandma's and the girls opened their presents. They are so spoiled. It was good to be with family and just relax. Ben wanted to leave Christmas night, but the storm got really bad and I just felt like we shouldn't leave until the next morning. That night all of us played electronic catch phrase. It was so much fun. We played if for hours. The next morning we packed and got ready to leave. This leave was really hard because we would be moving to Denver. When it got time to go my mom took the baby and headed for her room. She was crying. A few minutes later I went into my mom's room and all my sisters and mom and dad were in there crying. So that means I started crying and it was a tender moment. I didn't want to leave them. It was so hard. I have never seen my dad cry that hard. He had to leave the house because it was too hard for him. I was going to miss my family so much. I was okay after a little while and then my mom came out to say goodbye. It was the last straw. It lost it and knew that I wouldn't see my family for a long time. It will be okay because we will grow closer together. I love my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, you're back! How is Denver? It is so hard to leave family. Are you the oldest in your family? Cause I am, so Jaxon is the first grandkid on my side. And my parents would have reacted the exact same way.It just breaks your heart to see your parents like that. They love grandkids so much! But you'll be able to visit them and it will be alright! It will also probably be great for your marriage too!
oh Stef I know exactly how you feel! Its so hard I'm so sorry. It gets better..not much but a little. ha ha. You and your husband will grow a lot closer! Let me know if ya need anything or if ya get lonely we can chat!
Post a Comment