Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Tribute to Wives and Mothers
Today I made a discovery. As a mom and a wife things get hard sometimes, but I have to suck it up and do things that I may not like or want to do. That is part of being a mother. I love being a mother and wife, but anyone who is in this position knows what I am talking about. I find myself being under appreciated and feeling like I am not worth much. That is not the case and that is what I realized today. I do not want anyone to be offended by this story and I am going to try to to put this in the nicest way possible. As I woke up from a little nap today because I was feeling sick and I was just exhausted from doing school full power the last three days, I grabbed my son who has not been himself today and sat in the chair because he was being fussy for hours. Well I took him in my arms and got all of his toys he loves and his "bankie" and held him close in the chair. He calmed down. Ben was rushing around the house, and so I asked him what was wrong and if he was okay. This is what he responded, "No, I am not okay. I am house sick. I am sick of cleaning and watching TV." I was astounded that he would say that and I was kind of hurt. Ben left and I realized that mothers and wives are so special. Ben has only been home full-time for three weeks, and the only time that watched Braeden so that I could be at school for three hours was last night. I didn't feel sorry for him at all. What a hard job. Our roles have had to be switched because I am in school full-time and having to study a lot to get things done. I am in all science classes and for some reason those take up a lot of time. I guess I am still a little frustrated by the fact that he is already tired of cleaning and being the mother figure. After only a few times of doing only a little of it. I clean the house still and I am still mainly the mother. Oh well...the important thing is what I realized today. That not many men can pull off the motherly role at home. My father is a great example of that. He had to be the mother when my mom had to get a job to make ends meet because my dad was laid off a few years back. It has been hard, but he has to do it to keep the house going. And sure he would love to go and do other things, but all of those 6 girls still at home need a mother a lot of the time. Thank you dad for doing such a great job. Women are so special and we will be rewarded for our efforts here on earth later down the road. Heavenly Father knows what we need and what we are going through and trying to do. That gives me great comfort. Thank you to all the mothers and wives out there who works so hard everyday to make things happen. I know it is not easy, but we keep moving on. I love you all and wish you comfort in all your trials. And finally to my mom, thank you for all of your thankless work. I never appreciated all that you did or knew all that you do until I became a wife and then had a child of my own. Thank you for all of your sacrifices and I love you so much. Thank you for raising me right and being the best mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am greatful for this post! I am not priveleged with children yet,but I know a small feeling of this just from working full time going to school part time and trying to play wife! I wish you strength to get through this! You are a good strong person! I find comfort in the saying "this to shall pass!"
Yes, stephanie. you are too awesome! thanks for writing this. sure helped me feel better. sometimes it feels like all the mothers around me are perfectly ok with being mom's and housewives. I love it, but it gets repetitive and rough! so much more rough than people really think. you are so wonderful! keep up your good work, you will be blessed! good luck with everything, you can do it!
I am glad you posted this too! I was just thinking to myself how overwhelming it is to be a mother especially here in Boston where I never get out. Any time Kam cries it is always "Mom come get him". Or by twelve oclock on a Saturday when I hear "I am going to play pool down stairs, I can't be in this house any longer." Thanks for helping me feel better. Goodluck with School. It must be even harder. You are an amazing mother I am sure.
Just remember that it is the difference between men and women. That is the way it is supposed to be. Cole is great st filling in, or taking over but I know that he would rather be outside working on a project. Just roll with it, we all know that women have bad days too!
Post a Comment