Monday, May 3, 2010
Idaho Funeral Trip
Last Sunday my mom got the call that my great grandma had died. She had a stroke and was just waiting to pass. So Thursday my mom, sisters Amanda and Danielle, Braeden and I got up early and drove to Nampa, ID. It was fun to drive there and the kids were really good. The weather was not the best though and there was a beastly wind from Tremonton to our destination. When we arrived at out hotel we were to tired and ready to go to bed. Since it was only 5 we decided to go to Walmart and get some pool toys. My aunt Nancy called and she decided to meet us there. It was so good to see them. We went to the hotel and went swimming with the kids. Braeden loved the pool especially the hot tub. After a while it was time to get the kids ready for bed. Braeden went to sleep at 7:30 and woke up at 6:30 the next morning no fuss. The next day was the day of the funeral. We woke up and got ready to have a long day. We all arrived at the church in Melba, ID and waited for family to get there. We all went in and looked at grandma at the family viewing. She looked so beautiful in her temple clothes and she even had a little smile on her face. I don't blame her. We greeted family as they came and it was so so good to see them all. We chatted and then had the family prayer. Uncle Scott said a beautiful prayer and then it was time to go into the chapel for the funeral. Braeden and the other kiddos were in the nursery playing. After about 10 minutes into the funeral the kids came and told me that Braeden was crying so hard. So I got out of the funeral to watch the kids. It was probably better that way anyways... I didn't need to cry. We caused a little trouble by opening some of the nursery goldfish because all of the kids were so hungry. We found some hidden rooms in the old church and the kids loved that. After the funeral was a luncheon. It was so much fun with lots of good food and family. We all laughed and joked and loved being together. After a while we went back to the hotel to change clothes and head to the cemetery. I didn't want to go because I was tired and Braeden was tired, but we went anyways and it was good we did. It was fun to talk to everyone and take lots of pictures of everyone. It was a great opportunity to practice some photo skills. After that we went to the hotel and it was time to swim again. The kids wanted to swim and we ordered pizza for dinner. We all swam for hours again and then it was bath time. The next morning was out original departure date. BUT we wanted to have a let down day so that we could travel better. The day before was so hectic that we were really tired. We took our time getting up and ready and then our car went to Target and then drove 30 minutes to see grandma and grandpa's old place and relive some memories...some that I really didn't want to do. I saw the old place where we would come and visit our grandparents and where grandpa would take us out to swing and pick peas...where he laughed with us and showed us his honeybees. I tried to hold in all the emotion, but it didn't work so well. I just left before the walk down memory lane became too long. I didn't want to cry but some very personal memories came back and it was very special to me. I loved my grandpa very much and still do. I just wish he were here to tell me that I was so beautiful and so special. After a while all of the family and more were going to a park to have a picnic. Tons of people that I love were there and we had a blast. We played on the park equipment, chased ducks, ate a lot, and had more fun. Braeden loved it even though it was cold and rainy outside. Heavens there was even a Mexican birthday party with LOUD music going on and eventually that was tuned out and we just talked more. After 5 hours it was time to get back to the hotel and swim again. The kids were all tired so we had a 7 pm curfew that was extended to 9 because everyone was having so much fun and how often do we do those kinds of things? Not very often. We ate sandwiches that night and started packing to leave the next morning. That night I watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days on TV and it was so awesome. Braeden went to sleep early for the third night in a row and slept through the night. Sunday morning we got up pretty early and headed out. We said goodbye to Nancy and left. We stopped at the grocery store and got some snacks for the long drive home and we were out of there. We stopped for gas in Mountain Home, ID. We took some pictures for Ben because that is where we will be living and it was fun to see. It is really beautiful out there. We are going to love it. I am sure that I missed a lot in this post but it was a fun trip and the kids were so good. Braeden was a little fussy toward the last 20 minutes because he had had it, but other than that they were so good. It is good to be home now to bills, and cleaning and school starting tomorrow BUT it was so good to get away and not think about much for a few days. Here are a lot of pictures and a few movies as well for you all.
































































Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These posts are wonderful! I am glad you enjoyed the Idaho trip!
Post a Comment