Friday, August 6, 2010

On the Way to Playgroup

I needed Braeden to get out and go to playgroup today.  So we packed a lunch and headed out at 10:00.  Playgroup started at 10:30 so I thought we had plenty of time to drive to base and get settled in. That was the plan.  At 10:15 I was still home and Braeden decided to be a little terror all morning.  He was throwing things, hitting, making HUGE messes and on and on.  So finally we got out the door and got to base at 10:40.  On my way to the park, I got pulled over.  The speed limit on the main road is 30.  I NEVER go over that because Ben will get in trouble if I do.  So I started to slow down to turn to the park and there go the lights.  Oh my gosh.  Here is what happened.  I pulled over and got my registration out, my license, my military ID, and my insurance.  The cop, who looked like he was 18, took his sweet time getting his gun and his cop belt on and making it to my car.  He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over, and I knew I was not speeding so I asked him why.  He told me that he clocked me going 37 and that I started to slow down when I saw him.  That was such a lie. I was slowing down because I had to turn to get to the park, and I was NOT NOT NOT going 37 in a 30.  He took all of my stuff to his car and  after 15 minutes decided to come back.  He didn't give me a ticket, but he told me that my insurance was not valid (which it is), and that one of my headlights was out.  I believed him and thanked him for telling me about the light.  Finally we made it to playgroup.  We played for 3 hours and it was time to go home.  On the way, I was thinking to myself and realized that my light could not have been out because my lights were not on.  He could not have seen that.  Then I saw him pull over another person.  I think that he was seriously fresh out of cop school, and practicing pulling people over.  It is a darn good thing that I did not get a ticket!!!  That is all I have to say!

No comments: