A few posts ago I told you about the Busey Family Organization Book that I made up. It has been helping out so much. Ben knows what needs done for the day and that helps me out a lot (even though he still complains about doing the laundry). There are a bunch of good things about this schedule, and only one or two bad things.
Good:
structure, more help from everyone, a schedule everyday, there is a day for family fun, more healthy food is made, the house seems to be cleaner, more deep cleaning gets done, and there is more time for other things we want to do.
Bad:
I have to get used to the idea that if it is a Friday and the bathroom needs cleaned...it has to wait until Wednesday to be cleaned. It helps with me stress level, but drives me a little bit crazy when the bathroom needs to be cleaned and I cannot do it for a few days. Oh well, that is my part of getting used to this schedule is not stressing about cleaning everything, everyday.
This weekend was great. Ben was off Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Saturday we all got up and went to the Snake River for a fishing trip. Ben got to use his fish finder on his kayak, Braeden got to play in the water and throw rocks...and I got to sit and soak up some rays and read a romance book by Debbie Macomber called Hannah's List. (I haven't gotten past the first 3 chapters because Ben stole my book and I usually can't find it because he is reading it). After about an hour...Ben came back to shore to see us and that is when Braeden stepped in an ant pile and they started swarming him...Ben had to get Braeden in the water with his pants, shoes and socks on because the red ants were everywhere on him. Then...just when I thought it couldn't get worse...the female mosquitoes decided to come out of their Relief Society meeting or something and eat. I got attacked and swarmed out of no where. I am allergic to mosquitoes, so when I got all of my bites...they swelled up and got red and itchy. It looked like I had a disease or something. It was the worst thing ever...I was freaking out. I ran to the truck with Braeden and Ben put all of the stuff in the truck because the bugs don't bother him. After we got in the truck, we stopped at a TINY little one stop shop in Bruneau, ID for lunch. Ben had a jalapeño hamburger and I had a grilled tuna and swiss sandwich. It was so good. We had a great time and they even had hydro cortisone cream to put on my mosquito bites. What a fun day we had. Monday is a big cleaning day and laundry day on our schedule so we all got up and cleaned for a while and then had a nap...that was awesome. Later that evening we went for a drive. We found a new awesome place to fish, let Braeden run around, and there are no bugs, and no people. It is not very far away and it kind of reminds us a little of Provo Canyon...we were happy about that. We cannot wait for this weekend to try out our new spot.
Hope you all are enjoying summertime and doing lots of fun things...if you need a vacation to somewhere fun and new, come visit us...we would love to have visitors.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment