Sunday, May 9, 2010

Most Days

Most days...I get up and shower, BUT there are those days when I really don't feel like it.
Most days...I make my bed, BUT then there are days when I feel like it is a waste of time because I will just get into it later.
Most days...I wash the dishes, BUT then there are those times when the dishes can go for a week before I wash them.
Most days...I play with my little boy, BUT then there are times when I am so tired that I am going to collapse.
Most days...I get my laundry washed, BUT then there are those weeks that they just sit without getting folded.
Most days...my floor gets vacuumed, BUT then there are those days that people come over and think that stepped on chocolate mini wheat's look like mouse poop or a colony of ants.
Most days... I get my 30 minutes of exercise, BUT then some days I just sit on the couch and veg out.
Most days...I eat healthy, BUT then there are days that I could eat a whole thing of bakery brownies...MYSELF!
Most days...I do okay with being in the military and Ben being gone, BUT then there are days that I cry myself awake and then back to sleep at night.
Most days...I get Braeden a good healthy balanced breakfast, BUT the some days I sit him in front of the TV and let him eat cereal and crackers.
Happy Mother's Day!!! to all of you mother's out there...especially the ones like me who are NOT perfect. I love you all! Thanks for all of the sacrifices in raising families and being strong women. These are just a few things that I do or don't do I guess because mothers can all let things go sometimes and they don't have to be perfect. It is not possible to have things perfect... :)

I also want to thank my mom and dad for coming over unexpectedly yesterday to bring me a Mother's Day gift. It meant a lot to me and I really needed that time with you guys. I received a gift called Woman at the Well that I have been wanting and a 2-disc CD with piano music from David Glen Hatch of Romantic Songs. I love them both and I will use them often. Thank you mom and dad. I am so grateful for my mother who puts up with so much at home and work and other places. She is strong woman and I hope I posses some of her motherly qualities as I raise my children.

1 comment:

Alecia said...

i like you and your honesty. i am sorry life is so hard for you right now. that must suck! geez, you are a strong girl! those things that you do "most days", i don't do very often and my husband lives here with me! you are a great mom and a great person and don't you ever forget it! you inspire me. :)