Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Busy and Productive Day

While my sister is here with me I wanted to do some fun projects because we really cannot leave in the car and go places.  SO...today we decided to paint the babies room and completely give it a revamp.  We painted a shelf brown, made a vintage looking navy frame for a picture, put up brown curtains, and we made a cute little saying "Precious Little Miracle" on a painted brown piece of wood.  I so cannot wait until the room is all done being painted tomorrow (hopefully, if my son allows it...we painted tonight after he went to bed). It is an adorable boyish green color and the accents are navy blue and brown.  I cannot wait to post some pictures of it.  My sister has been a great help and she is a great little painter.  I did all of the edges and she painted the main wall.  This painting expedition has been a lot better than the last one (mainly because there are no mid-wall baseboards to have to watch out for).

I will post pictures as soon as we are done with everything.  I want to make a rag quilt and hang it on the wall.  I will see if I can find flannel somewhere because our Walmart here is TERRIBLE!! There were seriously 2 types of flannel and they were UGLY!!  I will find some...somewhere.  If any of you have an suggestions for cute flannel (online) let me know.  I am so glad that we can do some fun projects while my sister is here and not just sit around the house and watch TV.

No comments: